Friday, January 27, 2012

On the way to see Mickey

This is my first time using the Blogger app to post from my iPhone... I have a 2+ hour layover in Seattle so writing is a good way to pass the time.

The last few days I was really busy with work trying to get caught up before starting my vacation. I was still sending emails after midnight on Wednesday. Okay, I guess technically that's Thursday but I think you know what I mean.

I was still able to fit in my daily workouts, although on Wednesday it was just a quick two miles at 9:30pm and then back to work. 12 days of the 30 day challenge complete! There have definitely been days when I didn't feel like leaving the house so the challenge has been good for making me stay active.

Even though I'm not flying out to Anaheim until today, I took yesterday off from work so I could get some stuff done. I've found this to be a good strategy for me when getting ready to travel. It was a beautifully sunny day yesterday so of course I had to go out for a run. It was nice to head out with no specific plan in mind since I didn't have to stick to my normal nighttime running routes. I did about 7.8 miles at 9:06 pace. I took a couple photos that I'm attaching to this post but I have no idea where they're going to appear when it's published.

I woke up at 5:35 this morning for my 7am flight. That's the nice thing about flying out of small, local airports... No need to arrive two hours in advance to get through security. The 5k tonight is at 10:30 so it's going to be a long day but so worth it! I'm just doing the 5k as a fun run and planning to take a lot of photos along the way. Disneyland, here I come!


No comments:

Post a Comment