- I set new 5k, 10k and half marathon PRs.
- I won Disney's Expedition Everest Challenge (again).
- I ran my first marathon!
In my non-running life:
- I switched roles at my company and started working from home.
- After only 1 year and 3 months in Baltimore, I packed up again and moved back to my hometown of Ferndale, Washington, with a two month stopover in Ithaca.
Things are settling down at home and work, and I'm looking forward to 2012 being another great year for running. To start with, I stumbled across a sponsorship opportunity a few days ago. It's a local restaurant that wants to show community support by sponsoring local runners. I already applied and was accepted and I'll share more details once things are finalized.
These are some of the highlights of my 2012 racing calendar:
- January 27 & 30, Never Land 5k and Tinker Bell Half Marathon - To be honest I'm not that thrilled about the half being a female-oriented event, but Disney races are always a fun time. The Disneyland Half Marathon is still my favorite race ever.
- March 31, Birch Bay Road Race 30k - It's only a 20 minute drive from home and my first time doing a 30k.
- May 5, Expedition Everest Challenge - I've done this race every year since 2008 and I'm not ready to break the streak yet.
- May 20, Rock 'n' Roll Portland 1/2 Marathon - I debated this for quite a while and finally signed up yesterday just before the price increase. It's expensive for a half, but I like inaugural events. My boyfriend agreed to drive me so it'll be a nice weekend getaway for us.
- June 23, Rock 'n' Roll Seattle Marathon - I ran the inaugural half in 2009 so now it's time to tackle the full.
- September 29, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler - Another inaugural event and another trip to Walt Disney World. I love WDW this time of year and it'll be great to spend time at the Food & Wine Festival.
- November 25, Seattle Marathon - I feel like I need to do this race at least once just to say I've done it.
I'll also be doing several smaller, local races sprinkled throughout the year, including a possible half marathon next weekend. It should be a jam-packed year and I can't wait. Here's to a fabulous 2012!