Sunday, January 15, 2012

Snow day

Mornings like today are the best. With no races or long runs planned, I was able to spend a few hours snuggled warm in bed with my laptop and iPhone. Even if I'm doing something productive, it just feels more relaxing to stay in bed than say get up and move to the couch. I did some itinerary planning for my trip to Disneyland for the Tinkerbell Half Marathon... only ten more days! Then because I still wasn't ready to leave the comfort of bed, I finished reading The Wonderful Wizard of Oz on my iPhone. (I recently discovered that all of L. Frank Baum's Oz books are in the public domain and available to download to my iPhone so I decided to reread them.) Did you know that in the original book Dorothy actually had silver shoes instead of ruby slippers?

When I finally managed to get myself out of bed, I discovered that it had snowed again this morning. So of course, I decided that my boyfriend and I needed to build a snowman!



I was hoping to make it bigger, but the snow was too powdery and we were having a hard time getting it to stick. Still, it was fun to get outside and play in the snow.

After that I headed out for a short run since today is the start of my challenge to run at least 1.5 miles a day for 30 days. I was nervous about slipping on the snow/ice so I took it pretty easy and did 2.4 miles at about a 9:45 pace.

I realized I had all three pairs of my Brooks Adrenalines off the shelf today so I snapped a quick photo. The two pairs that I wasn't wearing were drying from yesterday's rain and today's snow.


As you can see, I stay pretty loyal to specific shoe models. Before the Adrenalines, I had three or four pairs of Saucony Hurricanes. But it's about time to switch things up again. I just added up my mileage on the newest pair of Adrenalines and I'm already at 330 miles in less than four months. I've really liked the Adrenalines a lot, but at my last gait analysis the person recommended I try switching over to a more neutral shoe so I'm going to give it a shot. Maybe next weekend I'll do some shoe shopping. It'll be fun to test out some new running shoes.

1 comment: